16.10.11

INTERVIEW-T H E D I V I N I T U S

I'VE BEEN AN AVID READER OF DOROTA'S BLOG FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW....

SO IT WAS ONLY NATURAL TO FEATURE HER ON MY BLOG.



When and how did you come up with the idea to create your blog THE DIVINITUS?
About 3 yrs ago during the Sundance Film Festival. I was motivated by my colleagues, but back then my blogging was very sporadic and not really fashion focused.


Where are you from and how is the fashion scene there?
I left my homeland in my teens and then moved a couple of times. Right now I live in the United States, and the local fashion scene is far from what I would like it to be.



Who are your go to designers?
Rick Owens, Clayton Evans of Complexgeometries, Michael and Nicole Colovos of Helmut Lang.


All time favorite collection?
Currently I find Rick Owens Spring 11 (including Spring 11 Men), Fall 10, and 09 collections pretty much perfect. I like how he repeats his designs, proving they are timeless. I strongly dislike all mass-oriented, trend-mania. Just recently I bought a jumper from his latest collection which I saw 3 years ago in his other show and since then I couldn't get it out of my mind.
Top 5 favorite songs?
How about anything by the dead weather or the latest black keys album.

How do you feel about people saying the death of fashion print media is upon us?
As a new media person, I would say, they are more likely right. Maybe not completely kaput, but greatly limited. In general consumer's needs have changed drastically during the last couple of years.

If you could wear one collection for the rest of your life,what would it be?
I would be fine with any of my favorites from RO SS11, F10 or 09.